The Mattress King

The Mattress King
Ace Broadcasting Days

This episode is from the ACE Broadcasting Days of the Big 3 Podcast. Click here for more information.

Recorded live from Perry’s Apartment, Neil Leeds of Leeds Mattresses joins the podcast to help settle an argument between Don and Perry about stealing. The guys also listen to a clip of Don and Mole visiting Perry in the hospital.

Show Summary

Perry is officially out of the hospital, and this week, The Big 3 are taping in Perry’s apartment. Don is a little upset at Perry, who tried to surprise the guys with a Big 3 T-shirt, only he used a graphic that he didn’t have the rights to use. Mole tries to mediate both sides of the argument, and keeps Perry from busting out of his neck brace.

A special guest then joins the show: Neil Leeds, of Leeds Mattresses. Neil has recently done a thorough inspection of Perry’s apartment, and talks to him about its level of cleanliness. They also talk about when Perry was growing up, and Neil tells him that he should improve his way of living now that he’s on his own. Mole then surprises everyone with a spaghetti dinner, and the guys take a call from John Quincy Adams to discuss a way for Perry to make some extra cash.

Things then cut away to a pre-recorded segment that the guys recorded when Don and Mole went to visit Perry in the hospital. There’s a very emotional response from Perry, followed by a round of Guy Talk. Jumping back to Perry’s apartment, the guys try a second round of Guy Talk, where Neil talks about his tumultuous relationship with his ex. The guys then re-enact the Northridge Earthquake during a round of Mole Play, and wrap things up with a Perry’s Corner discussion about the t-shirt that caused the earlier blowout.

If you’re in the Los Angeles area you should check out Don Barris who performs every late night at the World Famous Comedy Store in West Hollywood.  Every Monday @ 10:00 pm the club showcases Don and his weekly Ding-Dong Show, the longest running show in the history of the club, see the place where The Big 3 got their start!

Add the guys on Facebook, and don’t forget, get the cult classic film, Windy City Heat to really get a feel of what’s going on here!

Show Credits

Executive Producer: Donny Misraje
Producer: Don Barris
Associate Producer: Brian Meyer
Big 3 Production Manager: Mary Jane Green
Show Summary: Matt Fondiler
Web Engineering: Sandy Ganz

Image Gallery

Ace Broadcasting Days

Tags: , , , ,

50 Responses to “The Mattress King”

Concerned Citizen
    June 17, 2011 at 6:24 pm #

Is Neil Leeds the guy that was on Hollywood Land?

June 19, 2011 at 1:20 pm #

Thank you,yes that was a fun show.Thanks for noticing.Neil

Alex
    June 17, 2011 at 8:11 pm #

Neil Leeds deserves an Oscar. I am dead fucking serious.

BIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGG NEEEEILLLLLLLLLLLLL!

June 19, 2011 at 1:22 pm #

Thanks for the nice comment…the Big three is the best, and great things are on the way.Neil

Nick (Seattle)
    June 18, 2011 at 12:26 am #

New big 3! Woooooooooooo! And perry’s not dead!

Trash Can
    June 18, 2011 at 4:59 am #

How dare he use a moldy cardboard box instead of me!!! How dare you disrespect me!

Frightened Puppy
    June 18, 2011 at 5:02 am #

Don and Perry screaming scared the shit out of my dog. I had to put on headphones to continue listening. She is traumatized!!!!

Smeghed
    June 18, 2011 at 5:33 am #

Hilarious, almost makes up for the lack of Daves

Christy
    June 18, 2011 at 5:46 am #

When you played the audio of you and Mole visiting Perry and he cried…i cried too.

2 Cents Worth
    June 18, 2011 at 8:22 am #

This was 1 of my favorite episodes. Having a podcast in Perry’s apt. is a guarantee already it will be funny. To see the objects in his apt. in the pics is hilarious. Can you guys really just buy him some Swiffer Dusters. I’m a lazy pothead but I can still Swiffer. Someone in a coma could probably use a Swiffer it’s so easy and mindless.

Harry Ceword
    June 18, 2011 at 8:42 am #

Mole almost slipped into JQ Adams while singing. Neil leeds is bat-shit crazy! He will in fact NOT be beat!

Emmanuel Daskalos
      June 18, 2011 at 10:36 am #

You sir have no good taste in men!!!!!!! Neil was haaawwwwt! Nice ass in sexy tight pants. When he got a little liquid drip on his leg my anaconda spruuuuung!!!!

June 19, 2011 at 1:23 pm #

Thank you for being a fan of the Big Three podcast.Neil

Dr. P
    June 18, 2011 at 10:10 am #

So happy to hear Perry survived open neck surgery. Now we have to focus on finding a sponsor. If the Big 3 gets cancelled, we’ll edit and produce the show!

Lassie Maven
    June 18, 2011 at 5:26 pm #

Perry is such an ungrateful human being. He constantly treats his friends with disrespect. He’s lucky to have a best friend like Mole. I noticed Mole giving Perry a nice hair treatment tip in the hospital and Perry just blows it off like it’s nothing. Mole if you’re reading.. I piss my hair everyday dude!!

Sam
    June 19, 2011 at 8:29 am #

it looks like neil pissed his pants in picture 16 and look at those nasty pit stains in picture 23. Leave it to Don Barris to invite some sweaty piss pants guy to join the podcast and talk about his nasty stained mattresses which probably have piss and sweat all over them. What the fuck Barris? You think this guy is going to give Perry good advice on cleaning his house when he cant even manage to wear an undershirt or refrain from pissing in his pants for 1 hour and 9 minutes at a time??

That thing about Perry’s neck smelling like a steak is so weird.

-sam

June 19, 2011 at 1:19 pm #

The shoot at the apartment was very hot,no air and I was sweating bad,I had a clean shirt,The pants was from the patron that spilled all over me.I just wanted you to know.I am clean.I know this is fun and art is sometimes without somebody giving me heat,I guess I have to take the heat,but I always want to let the fans know what goes on.I did not smell Perry’s neck,I gave it a kiss to give a prayer for him to heal.Peace Neil Leeds.You can always call me for a great clean new mattress at 818-209-5632.Thank you Neil Leeds

June 19, 2011 at 3:06 pm #

There was smelling of his neck like a steak,but I was giving a kiss…peace..What a great time.Neil

Grady Enword
    June 19, 2011 at 10:01 am #

I needs me one of those t-shirts.

Jimothy
    June 19, 2011 at 5:01 pm #

Best episode yet. Great guest. Serious awesomeness.

chu
    June 19, 2011 at 7:00 pm #

whoa…. MOE did lose weight..

homer
    June 19, 2011 at 9:04 pm #

mmmm steak

Yables
    June 20, 2011 at 10:03 am #

BIG THREE FOR LIFE! Great job, Neil. Hope your relationship works out.

Rocketman
    June 20, 2011 at 10:35 am #

Neil Leeds really stole the show here. He and Tim Perpedic need to be on a show together.

Just SomeDude
      June 20, 2011 at 2:13 pm #

Best idea EVAR!
      Do you think that was really Neil posting?So hard to tell on this page.
      Also try to find the La La Land episode his is in.(similar theme to the Big 3)
      Concerned Citizen thinks its Holly Wood Land,but he is a jackass.

Sam
        June 20, 2011 at 2:25 pm #

Yeah its really him. I called the phone number he posted and Neil answered we talked for a minute and i told him i was interested in a mattress he told me he would give me a good deal, nice guy definitely gonna buy a mattress from him. If you live in the LA area don’t by your mattress anywhere else, go to Leeds Mattresses.

June 20, 2011 at 6:49 pm #

Thank you Sam,I appreciate your support.Yes I am Neil Leeds,Yes I did La La land,it was all in fun and I love the Big Three Podcast.I love Don, Mole and Perry.It was a honor to be a guest at Perrys apartment.I had a great time.It was a blast.Neil

IF YOU LOVE THE SHOW, SAVE THE SHOW
    June 21, 2011 at 9:22 am #

You guys need to start getting the word out about this podcast. Sit your friends down, smoke a joint together, and make them listen. Its up to you guys to keep this going, Don can only do so much. Spread the word! If you love the podcast, help save it!

Collin
    June 21, 2011 at 12:23 pm #

Wow. I love Don, Mole and Perry(Biiiiiiig 3!) but lets be honest, Neil Leeds was the star of the show today.

June 21, 2011 at 3:09 pm #

Thank you Collin,I really appreciate your nice comments,I had the greatest time at Perrys house and it really is a great Podcast.I Neil Leeds am very much interested in keeping the show going and even taking it even further,I leave that up to the Big Three and Don.However it would be great to make this podcast one of the greatest shows going on.It can be done and I will be on board to continue to support it.Thank you Neil Leeds

Collin
        June 22, 2011 at 7:37 am #

That sounds great. Thanks Neil

July 4, 2011 at 12:20 am #

Anytime.Peace.Neil

Perry's balls
    June 21, 2011 at 2:35 pm #

You brain-dead fuck

June 21, 2011 at 3:06 pm #

Sorry Tom I ruined the show for you,I did not mean for you to be so turned off by me.Please let Don know and I am sure he will take care of your needs.I was very happy to be a guest on the show and get away from my stressful job as the owner of 26 Mattress Stores.I had a great time and this was unscripted.I said what I had on my mind.So Tom I am sorry,always a freind even when nasty things are said about me.I have to live with a divided world,in business and in art.I know I can not please everybody.I thank you for being honest.Neil Leeds

Martin Balsam
      December 7, 2014 at 9:40 pm #

neil, you’re the king of matresses. american needs to deal with neil.

DEAL WITH NEIL

June 21, 2011 at 3:15 pm #

To The Big Three,Thank you for allowing me to be a guest on your great podcast,I had a blast and I hope all of your fans did as well.I look foward to hearing more of the show as you progress into the mainstream,with so much you have to offer.The fans and many more that will come will always have a great time!!….”Shout Out for the BIG 3 PODCAST” I will spread the word,and we all should..Peace Neil

Good Gravy
    June 21, 2011 at 9:33 pm #

Neil was fantastic in this episode — crazy genius. Mole was great too — loved the diet news. Thanks Big 3 + Neil.

June 22, 2011 at 12:25 pm #

Thank you Good Gravy,I am very happy to see the nice comments for the big three podcast.I appreciate your words.Enjoy your day.Peace.Neil

Stink
    June 22, 2011 at 5:44 pm #

This is the best podcast out there. Great ep, too!

I Feel Vibrations
    June 22, 2011 at 6:58 pm #

Neil Leeds added a lot of depth and character to this podcast. It takes a lot of fortitude to go up against the big mattress chains day in and day out, not having their multi-million dollar advertising budgets. Instead, Neil makes up for it with expertise, knowledge, and customer service. The store managers of the big mattress chains work just hard enough to keep their jobs, but Neil works very hard because it’s actually his store, with his name on it.

Perry Carawello needs to take a page out of Neil’s book in the way he manages his show business career and love life. It’s not enough to just show up, which Perry barely does on a consistent basis – he needs to have the kind of work ethic that Don Barris has. Yeah, Don wakes up every day at 2pm, but that’s only because he’s hard at work from 2pm until 4am. Sometimes it may look like he’s banging a hot chick, but he’s actually multi-tasking and thinking up some new classic comedy bits.

In any event, Neil is an excellent addition to the show, and his presence on the show greatly adds to the “the Big Three fun.”

June 22, 2011 at 7:21 pm #

Hi, I feel Vibrations,That was a very amazing thing for you to do, to write that and I really appreciate what you just said about everything.I thank you and I am sure Don and the The Big Three Podcast fans enjoyed your writing.You are on the money with what you just said.Thank you so much,that made my day and night.Peace and greatness to you..Need anything my cell is open at 818-209-5632.Neil Leeds

Unka Grizz .
    June 22, 2011 at 10:35 pm #

Neal Leeds was Amazing on the Podcast! He not only helped Perry but he helped me also! What a great Role Model! Sorry about your girlfriend Neal but you deserve better! Thank you for helping Perry and myself. I feel like a new man!

June 23, 2011 at 9:54 am #

Thank you Unka Grizz.,I would always help you in person if you needed to talk.818-209-5632..that is what friends are for.Thank you for taking time to write and I feel good reading your words.Neil Leeds

Jack B
    June 22, 2011 at 11:37 pm #

This was a really great episode of a show that’s always great. Loved Neil Leeds. Keep it up. Please.

June 23, 2011 at 9:56 am #

HI Jack B.Thank you for listening to the Big 3 Podcast,and thanks for the comment.It makes my day bright.I hope I can be a part of it again it was great to work with everybody involved.Fun and real.Neil Leeds

koko
    June 24, 2011 at 4:06 pm #

Biiig 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 25 explanation points!!!!!!!
    shout out to 2 T’s and Perpedic Industries! EWWWWWWWWWW EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! 5 more explanation points. mad props to General Superman ghostbusters and Caption Bubblicious for surviving Mole Play the Board Game a division of Tim Perpedic Industries which is not in any way affiliated with Mole Play as directed by Walter Molinski and performed by Don Barris and others on the live show. and also, heavenly shout out to Frank Sinatra for saying ‘hello’ to 9-year old Perry Karamello and for not raping his mom. you sir were a gentleman!!! 3 explanation points. and shout out to the Holy Trinity!!! the divine one’s. Don, Tim, and Mole. i’m sure Perry’s good friend Frank Sinatra is holding 3 seats for you guys up in heaven for all the great work you’ve done, whether it was helping the miners in Chile of killing Osama bin Laden. and shout out to Perry (no explanation points because he continues to lie about shit)

john
    June 28, 2011 at 10:41 pm #

I wish you guys would set-up a video cam.

steve
      July 1, 2011 at 8:29 pm #

That’s a different john. I didn’t write that.

Randy Callahan
    July 10, 2011 at 7:06 pm #

Great job, Neil & the Big Three, and Terrifying Tim. Love u guys & the show. If I ever need a new mattress I’ll damn sure get one from Neil!

Neil
      July 11, 2011 at 3:09 pm #

Randy Callahan,Thank you for being a fan of the Big 3 Podcast and taking the time to shout out a nice comment.It makes my day,and I know the cast of the Big 3 Podcast must as well.I love being on when I get a invite.It is so much fun.Thank you.Enjoy your day.Neil Leeds